Friday 15 January 2016

WINDS

Yesterday, a strong wind blew pass my house:
Pass my window like it was on a mission
From the far west to deliver a message to me.
A wind so strong that I felt my house move
And floating in the skies
Like an innocent bird scared by the night.

It was a dream, perhaps, an imagination.
I saw it come in the dark like the thief of the
night.
It stole everything that he could see.
I saw it sweep away lost dream and hopes.
Unanswered prayers and unsung songs
Empty promises and dead aspirations
Beauty and tragedy.

I watched all and prayed.
I stood there and asked myself
"Will the world be free from evil?"
But then I asked myself
"Who am I?"
Then I answered myself
I am a moving piece of work
A walking poem
A portrait painted in the clouds

But more importantly I am;
The liar who seeks the truth
The voice of the people
I am a dream, the present and the future
Most importantly
I am that wind that
Seeks to make the world
A better place

No comments:

Post a Comment