Friday 15 January 2016

A Wish For Christmas


I wish Christmas never passed
I wish it never came
All the merry moments
And the magnificent
Display of fireworks
The flowing of gifts
And presents in abundance
The bountiful display
Of food and drinks
The breathtaking
Decoration of trees
And houses
The glow of candlelight
On dining tables
Like the burning of moonlight
From the sky above
All the joyous and
The gay moments
I wished they never passed
I wished they never came
Misunderstand me!
I still remain same
Have you ever thought!
About those?
Those who are held hostage
By sickness and diseases
Those who could not
Afford a daily meal?
Those roaming
On the streets?
Those sleeping in the open,
Where the sky is their only roof?
You and I know
I speak the truth!
And I need no proof
Don't stand aloof!
What I speak is news
The ear is tired of
Listening and hearing
I speak for myself,
I speak for the speechless
I am a mouthpiece
For the public
Call me the wanderer
Thinking of myself
I think about others too
We are only humans
We are all the same
Why then should
Some be gay and
Then others, gloomy
Moody and sad
All the joyous moments
That never lasts for ever
The way Christmas brings
Golden rays of smiles like sunlight
And then it suddenly disappears
I wish it stays forever, but it never does
Thinking of all these
I only wish Christmas
Never passed
I wish it never came

No comments:

Post a Comment