Friday 15 January 2016

CHOICES


I sat quietly as thoughts run speedily through my
mind like a river. Flooding its banks and taking
absolute control over everything around its
surrounding. What I was really thinking about,I
did not know. I was sinking in my own
thoughts,or probably I was drowning in my own
pool of tears. Like Alice, I was in wonder land
Maybe I should just end the story tragically.
Suddenly like a movie, my mind carried me back
to three years ago when we met. Sitting under
that old deserted tree that distinguishes itself
from the few trees at the foot ball field. It was a
cold and foggy morning and one could feel the
harshness of the harmattan all around town.
Despite the harsh chillness of the weather,the
scorching sun couldn't afford to miss its
prescence, creating a mixed feeling for everyone
like we were victims of malaria fever. Feeling
warm and cold at the same time can be a very
uneasy situation to cope with, but not for the
inhabitants of the mountainous areas. They are
used to the weather condition especially at this
festive moments. Rumours had made it well
known to me that mystical creatures with
supernatural powers dwelt among humans in
these parts of the world. Valley view, Twin
mountain and the likes are vicinities victimised
of these mystical creatures according to the
mutual friend of everyone "Rumour". Now talking
of where we met, Clara and I met on one of
these festive occasions. Walking boastfully
around with stern curiosity, I spotted this quiet
extremely beautiful young lady probably a year or
two younger than me or maybe three,dark, short
and her eyes glittering like pieces of diamonds in
the Sun's rays. Like a butterfly to a flower,I was
attracted to her instantly. Looking a bit nervous
from the beginning guess she couldn't resist my
charm either. According to her she was feeling
uneasy and she was seeking for refuge under the
shades of the trees. Clara explained she was
new in town and so was i. The festival was the
only thing she came to witness while I had a
different agenda. "Adventure" it was. After a bit
taste of curiosity I couldn't miss to spice my day
up with a little bit of adventure. I was itching to
know more about this particular festival and also
to explore the town more. Having witnessed the
spectacular display from the crowd in their
various arts, which included gymnastics,acro
batics,fireworks which was one of my personal
favorites and many more,the sun was almost
completely out now and I had to go. I told Clara
it was nice meeting her and hope to meet her
again,we exchanged contacts but she insisted
she would have loved to go with me to see my
house but she had to wait for the sun to settle
down before she can leave. Was she waiting for
someone? She said no but the sun's rays burnt
her too much. Burning from sun rays is not
something new in Africa, it is something all
Africans suffer from and are probably quite
familiar with now except that may be you are
new in the system but according to her she has
been here for some years now. I decided to
leave her behind but on a second thought,I gave
her a ride in my brand new Mercedes. Inside the
car she told me strange stories of how she
became a demon.
"This was not who I am and this was not what i
was
I once had a life
I once loved and cared
I once had loved ones
I once had friends
I once had a family
But now I am alone
I scare the hell out of people, I am not scary
I once had choices I made
But now I am different
I am human,I am a monster
I am a vegetarian, I hate fruits and vegetables
I love them and they make me want to vomit
I am allergic to meat,flesh and blood is my
favorite dish
It wasn't my motive
I was forced to make that choice
After all it wasn't my choice
I was dying before my time,my time was up
And so I signed a pact with the devil
I made no deal,but we have a deal
The only way to survive was to feed
On human blood
I suck every drop of blood out of humans
I am human,I am immortal
I did it for every body, I was selfish
I hate what I am but i love my self
I can not be killed
I am immune to death
Nothing can kill me except that a stake in the
heart with a wooden object
Will send my soul to a peaceful rest eternally
I am strong and fast
I am fearless
I am way to black to burn from sun rays but that
is what I burn from
I can't last for an hour in the sun
I will turn to ashes
I am an abomination to nature
Don't judge me,tell me I don't deserve to live
Tell me I don't deserve to be loved
“I don't pretend to know what love is for
everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me;
love is knowing all about someone, and still
wanting to be with them more than any other
person, love is trusting them enough to tell them
everything about yourself, including the things
you might be ashamed of, love is feeling
comfortable and safe with someone, but still
getting weak knees when they walk into a room
and smile at you
Let the world despise you for who you are
I will still love you no matter what
I don't care who you are
What you did or what you have become
All that matters is I love you
Just let me in,I am at your hearts door
And let me love you until you learn to love
yourself
You were mine right from Adam
And in you I find my lost rib
In you I find my joy and happiness
I will stay with you forever
And I am not giving up on you
Never!!"
It was a long ride through town and I really did
have quite an adventure. Clara and I had lived
happily as lovers for about a year or two now
without any arguments,quarreling nor fights. With
my aid she no longer drained human blood she
depended on that of animals and everything was
fine, but why the sudden change now? She left
on the table a note that read "Please I don't
want to hurt you. I really do love you but for the
sake of that love I have to leave you. My burning
sensation for blood has aroused again more
intensely of late. And it has been tormenting me
,I don't know when I might explode and go wild.
Please do take care. When I am over with that
hunger,I will come back to you but when I don't
please be free to move on. Always remember
that I love you."
Yours ever.
Clara

2 comments: