Friday 15 January 2016

Hymns Of Praise

Once upon a hallucination
I met her not in my dreams
But I held her in my arms
Her breath was so cool
Like the harmattan wind
Her voice was like a host of angels
Singing hymns of praise

I listened as she sang in chorus
To my uninterrupted attention
She calmed the winds with
Her walks as her majestic feet
Touched the soils of mother earth
Her eyes were burning like the sun
As I stared through them I froze
She burned me with her
Cold,tender and loving arms
I never wanted this to end
I wanted it to last for eternity
But I guess I was never right from wrong

I wish I could go back in time and
Turn back the hands of time
So that she could be mine forever
I wish we could walk in the clouds
Play hide and seek in the moon
For the world to see the
Reflection of our love in
The moon light at night
I wish we could take a cold shower
Together inside the sun
So the the world will jealous
The warmness of our hearts

I know we are meant to be
Meant to be in a different world
Which is yet to come
Our love story is archaic
Old like the Egyptian pyramids
Until yesterday comes back
I will never see you again
For all I saw only happened
In a once upon a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment