Wednesday 31 January 2024

When I Was Little, A Poem Written By S Kojo Frimpong

 When I was little I wanted to be a spy

But I never knew why I wanted to be one

Or even understood why I had to be a spy

Until now that I still have so many unanswered questions

Hovering in my head like scavengers

Waiting to feast on my dead brains

At any least given chance

Why were we kept from so many secrets?

When they knew it will one day be open themselves to us


I wanted to become a spy so I could

Figure out what goes on behind closed doors

When lovers are coiled inside blankets

I wanted to also know how our parents

Did their magic that brought forth

One of our kind every four years

I wanted to find what was hidden

Behind the deep blue skies

And the deep blue seas

I wanted to find out what goes on behind closed doors

And inside the dark when all the lights go out


But now I realise every secret is open

There are no secrets but mysteries

So I am a spy and I know not

What I am seeking but I will know

When I finally meet who I have been

Seeking for right from birth

I will realise I was finding myself

And I didn't know I was lost



By S Kojo Frimpong 

No comments:

Post a Comment